Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF!

What a week! Monday. I took a leave from work to just chill but the incident at Quirino ruined everything for me. I just prayed that night that hopefully the week will be better.


Tuesday. The Philippines took home the 4th place at the Ms.Universe pageant. We got a bit disappointed that she didn't make it because of the Q&A. But I'm just happy that for a while, I saw happy and hopeful faces. I guess it took a bit of grief from the incident the night before. That same night I saw a video of four gays who were just as excited as we were (well, maybe more excited) of Ms. Philippines getting in the top spot. O, and I met with my friend Pau for dinner which was really happy.


Wednesday. It rained cats and dogs. I feared that we will get floods, thank God we didn't. We attended a send off party in Cubao for our friends who are going to China for the Wall Lords competition. Good luck guys! ;)

When I got home, the bills were already in my desk (payment time!) but so were these wonderful postcards from Mela (from Vietnam) and David (Paris). I love snail mail. Since most of us just chat or e-mail, receiving the postcards gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.



Thursday. My sisters turned 20. We had spaghetti and cake, like how we'd always celebrate our birthdays. I also submitted an application for a residency (Dear Universe, help me out please!) and finishing the forms felt like a triumph already! hehe!


Friday. The day isn't even finished yet and I got to meet the author Rafe Bartholomew. He wrote a book about Philippine basketball, can speak straight Tagalog and was very charming. :)


Special Thanks to Niko, who was so bongzee for introducing us to Rafe and gave us a chance to have a picture with him
and sign our books.

3 comments:

  1. Mimi! Great to see you blogging here. Linking you up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)thanks lauren! what's your blog? lagay ko din link. di pa ko masyado marunong e maghanap ever. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. laurenvillarama.blogspot.com :) thanks mimi!

    ReplyDelete