Monday, February 22, 2010

of mixed tapes, casiotones and pianos

I took all sorts of lessons when I was growing up; there was ballet, swimming and the dreaded piano. Though a lot of my family seemed to have the gift for playing musical instruments, I dreaded my piano lessons. I guess my parents thought I was interested in learning to play the instrument because I loved the Casiotone (mini organ) my dad got for me from Saudi.


After lunch, I would pretend to be asleep because I know that my teacher, Mrs. Bonus (yes her real name) would come to our house ready with her piano pieces. I would squeezemyself beside my dad, eyes closed and my dad seeing I was asleep would tell my teacher to cancel the days lessons because I was resting. I can't remember how the lessons stopped but boy was I glad when it did.



No comments:

Post a Comment